Monday, December 23, 2013

"Transcendence" Trailer 1 Review

            I had no idea about a film called Transcendence until I looked at movie news and saw that a first official trailer had been released for it, so upon finding out that it stars Johnny Depp, Kate Mara, MorganFreeman, Rebecca Hall, and Cillian Murphy and that it is directed by the cinematographer of Batman Begins, The Dark Knight, Inception, and The DarkKnight Rises, Wally Pfister, and that the legendary Christopher Nolan is a producer of the film, I decided to watch the trailer. After I saw the trailer, I thought that it was worthy of getting a review. 

           

           The very first thing I noticed from the trailer was the very good look of it. There were some really good-looking sets. The second thing I noticed was that Johnny Depp was playing a normal character. He is a scientists/engineer that came up with this artificial intelligence technology that he calls transcendence. Even though we have seen that before, that is still a cool premise. Then, he gets shot by somebody in an anti-tech group that is trying to stop his invention. I think that is a good and fairly original idea.

            Then, we find out that his physical body is dying, but his brain is worked find, so some characters bring his mind back through this technology in a somewhat creepy way. That is a very cool idea that could lead to something really good. We then learn that the anti-group tried to kill Johnny Depp’s character for a reason, and that the artificial intelligence technology could take over whatever it wants. Johnny Depp even says to the people that he needs more power, and then we see destruction of things, and odd shots of the technology somehow getting into the environment and Johnny Depp’s character’s body getting torn apart with sequences of action that look really cool.

            
           I think that the idea for this film has originality to it in the mix of its borrowed ideas, but I think this was a really good trailer. It showed us some cool things, but we also got to see how good the film might possibly look. The action sequences looked really cool, and, even though the film probably will not live up to the trailer, I am now somewhat anticipating this film. Christopher Nolan is involved, which is a great thing for me, and we have a really good cast. Transcendence comes into theaters on April 18, 2014 and I will probably have a review up for it when it comes out. 

No comments:

Post a Comment