Sunday, December 1, 2013

Superhero Movies 2013 5-1 Worst to Best list


            
            Since I just reviewed Thor: The Dark World, the last superhero movie coming out this year, I have decided that I am going to tell you my order of my least favorite superhero movie this year (5) to my favorite superhero movie this year (1). The superhero movies this year that will be in this list are Thor: The Dark World, The Wolverine, Man of Steel, Kick-Ass 2, and Iron Man Three. Let us get started.



MAN OF STEEL

            Man of Steel, while having a great looks and some fun action, did not contain the character development and heart that it needed to, especially for being the first of the Superman reboots. The action looked great, but it was not consistent. Some people my say that it is consistent, but there is a large difference between consistent and repetitive. This film had the most repetitive action I have ever seen. It contained little heart and many unfunny lines that brought pain upon its viewers. Actually the writing, for the most part, was not good overall. We did not get many lines that were good, and Henry Cavill’s performance as Kal-El was not even that good itself. Amy Adams as Lois Lane was better than him. This film mixes many plot inconsistencies and plot holes that do not make sense in to take its viewers out of the film. Man of Steel is an alright film, but it is the worst superhero movie this year.


THOR: THE DARK WORLD

          Thor: The Dark World contains action that surpasses that of Man of Steel and pays some respect to The Avengers, unlike Iron Man Three, but, like Marvel’s other Avengers superhero films, it contains too many illogical and unrealistic elements. I am not saying that something like Asgard is unrealistic, but if there was a world with all of these additions, but everything else is the same. Still, there are many things that break physics. There are many unrealistic things. There are times when characters are forced to be stupid for the plot to do what it needs to. There are things that do not make any sense whatsoever. There are side stories with characters that come off annoying and not funny that are misplaced. Half the humor in the film does not work. Though, the other half does work very well, and I quite enjoyed this film. It is definitely better than Man of Steel, but worse than other superhero films that came out this year. Still, it was a good film.


IRON MAN THREE

            Iron Man Three was a smaller, slower, darker take on Iron Man. There was action, but it was mostly a slower film than most superhero movies. That aspect of the film worked and I enjoyed it. I did not have many flaws with that aspect of the film. But I did not buy into any of the action, because it does not pay any respect to the events of The Avengers. With this world that various directors have created with these Marvel movies, they have to stay connected. There were references to what went down in New York, but no other superheroes would come and help with the action sequences. The sequences were fun, but I was taken out of them. The twist in the film did somewhat bother me for its stupidity, but I did not hate it. My flaws with the drama are that there was too much humor I was not compelled by the drama at all. I did enjoy the drama, but I was not engaged in the dialogue like I was in The Wolverine. Iron Man Three was a good film, but it had two other superhero movies that were better than it.


KICK-ASS 2

          Kick-Ass 2 is supposed to be a fun movie. For that reason, I will let some of the more unrealistic and over-the-top violence slide. This film is not as good as the first, but it maintains a sense of fun throughout the whole film. Even though some things went way too far and some things had to be there for the plot to go the way it went, the film was stable. There was some shaky camerawork, though. And there were some things that did not work for the film. Some things were way too unrealistic. But I had fun watching this film and never got bored. It was a very interesting film with good storylines and some good drama. This film did exactly what it needed to do, and it did it well. It was really fun to watch with some really good action sequences, good comedy, and some intensity and good emotion. It went a bit above and beyond for a fun movie, but in a good way. I thought it was very, very good and the only reason it is not number one is because of how much I loved number one.


THE WOLVERINE

            The Wolverine is a slow, quiet character piece on Wolverine. With not one dull moment, this film sustains excellent emotion with a mix of great drama and excellent action. Early on, I was sucked into the movie and it tightens it grip on me more and more as the film progressed. It had some very-fun-to-watch action sequences, but it also had very intense action sequences that make you afraid if Wolverine is going to die. You really go for Wolverine. You want him to move on and get past his past. There are many riveting sequences and I personally liked the ending. It did more comic-book like then but I am pretty sure that anyone should expect that going into a COMIC BOOK MOVIE. It still had excellent action and a truly fantastic twist. People say that Viper was not a strong villain, but Viper was not the main villain. I really had no flaw with this movie. I loved this movie. This is an excellent film that, for sure, deserves the number one spot on this list.


No comments:

Post a Comment