Wednesday, December 4, 2013

Most Anticipated Movies of December 2013

            
            It is the first week of December 2013, so I will be telling you my most anticipated movies of this month. I am sorry that I missed November 2013, but I ended up only seeing two movies that month. Some things got me away from my reviews and I did not get a chance to see many movies that month, therefore I saw little point in doing a blog of my most anticipated movies that month. Anyway, without further a due, here we go.


December 6
Out of the Furnace

          Out of the Furnace is directed by Scott Cooper who is also an actor, but it stars Christian Bale, Woody Harrelson, Casey Affleck, Forest Whitaker, Willem Dafoe, Zoe Saldana, and Sam Shepard. We have a huge cast here and from the trailers this film looks like it could be a very good thriller that might be the good crime/drama/thriller this year after Paranoia and Runner Runner. I am looking forward to seeing this movie and will try to see it in the theater if I do not get into an advance screening.


December 13
The Hobbit: The Desolation of Smaug

          The Hobbit: The Desolation of Smaug is obviously a movie I have to see. It is directed by Peter Jackson, the director of The Hobbit: An Unexpected Journey (this film’s predecessor) and the legendary The Lord of the Rings trilogy, which I love. It stars Martin Freeman, Ian McKellen, Richard Armitage, Benedict Cumberbatch, and some more people. This is a good cast, but nobody is seeing it just because of the cast. It looks good from the trailers and I obviously want to see a prequel of The Lord of the Rings trilogy. It is like loving one movie and wanting to go to its sequel. I will try my very best to see this movie.


December 18
Anchorman 2: The Legend Continues

          Anchorman 2: The Legend Continues is directed by Adam McKay, who also directed Anchorman: The Legend of Ron Burgundy (this film’s predecessor), Step Brothers, and The Other Guys. This film stars the legendary Will Ferrell, Christina Applegate, Paul Rudd, Steve Carell, Jim Carrey, Harrison Ford, Liam Neeson, Vince Vaughn, Kristen Wiig, Kirsten Dunst, and more. This huge and very talented cast is one of the main reasons I want to see this movie, but I also think it looks somewhat legitimately funny from the trailers. This director marks his projects with a stupid type of humor, but I enjoy Step Brothers and The Other Guys, which also star Will Ferrell. I may not go out of my way to see this film, but I would like to see it.


December 25
The Wolf of Wall Street

          The Wolf of Wall Street is directed by Martin Scorsese, director of Goodfellas, Shutter Island, The Departed, and Hugo. It stars Leonardo DiCaprio and some other smaller names. I primarily want to see this movie because of the very talented Martin Scorsese and the very talented Leonardo DiCaprio, but I also think it looks interesting from the trailers and has the potential to be a very interesting and fun movie. Though, this film is not one that I would pay to see in the theater because of the running time, which is two hours and forty-five minutes. I have no problem with long movies, but this could be the usual crime comedy that thinks it is better than it is and cannot account for the running time. Though, if I got tickets to an advance screening of this, I would really look forward to going, and I may end up paying to see this film.

47 Ronin

            47 Ronin is directed by Carl Rinsch and stars Keanu Reeves. I know that Keanu Reeves is not a very good actor, but this film looks really good and really cool from the trailers. It looks like an interesting fantasy film that could be really fun to watch. It is a version of a foreign film that came out in 1941 called The 47 Ronin that is not a classic and this movie has a chance to pay and give respect to the original. I will try to see this in the theater is I do not get into an advance screening of it.

The Secret Life of Walter Mitty (2013)

            The Secret Life of Walter Mitty (2013) is directed by Ben Stiller and also stars Ben Stiller, as well as Kristen Wiig. It is the remake of The Secret life of Walter Mitty (1941). The 1941 version of this film has a classic story, but I am not sure if the film itself is a classic. Anyway, from the trailers this film looks like it could be a very good-looking and enjoyable dramedy/adventurous fantasy movie. I like this story and it might be a good idea to put this story in a modern film. I do not know if I will go out of my way to see this film, but I will try to see it.



            Those are my most anticipated movies of December 2013. Keep in mind that I probably will not see all of these movies, and I may see a movie or two that are not on this list. All of these movies are on this list for a reason and that reason is that I would like to see them.






No comments:

Post a Comment