Sunday, October 6, 2013

"The Bridge" Season 1 Review

            As The Bridge’s first season ends abruptly, I am here to share my wisdom of how awesome I know this show is. I know many people watch this show, but not all of them write a season review of it, but I guess I am special. If you really watched the first season, you will get it.
            The Bridge stars Diane Kruger, Demian Bichir, Annabelle Gish, Thomas M. Wright, and Matthew Lillard. Diane Kruger does very well as Sonya Cross and really portrays someone with Asperger’s well. Demian Bichir portrays Marco Ruiz very well. Annabelle Gish does well playing Charlotte. Thomas M. Wright does well as Steven Linder (the guy who talks through his teeth). Lasly, Matthew Lillard does very well at playing Daniel Frye. This show has very good acting so far.


            This show has great writing. Dialogue between characters seemed real and sometimes the show could get intense off of dialogue, which very few films and television shows have pulled off. I really liked characters’ actions throughout the season that matched the character. In the script, they wrote every character to have depth and to make them obscure, and they were obscure. They wrote certain scenes into the episodes that tied into everything later. This addresses that audiences do not need to know exactly what something is right as you are watching it. The audiences can “not know”, and then find out later. This is one of the best screenplays for a television show I have seen. I know it is based off of a foreign series (Bron/Broen), but I think these characters are different. The writing for this series makes the series what it is. The show’s writing is great.

            The premise of The Bridge was the reason I started watching it. The premise is interesting enough to attract new viewers. I really like the story of the show. I think it could really happen and it always had realism to it. It is, for the most part, a realistic show. Not all the things that happen are realistic, though. Some things happen and I think “That is not realistic.” Anyway, the story, even, has layers to it. There are several characters that are dealing with different things with different people. I like mature and complex plots like this one, and this one completely pulls it off. This series, so far, is very well done. The events are nearly mind-blowing to me. I did not guess one of them. There are twists and turns I really did not see coming. Also, the characters are very obscure and have depth. They have big backgrounds and past events. This makes you care about them. This makes know about them. This season of The Bridge has an interesting premise, a great story, and great characters.

            This is a somewhat complex series. This season has been somewhat complex. It has also been mostly enjoyable, though. The main reason why not every episode gets an A+ is because of the momentum and ability to be enjoyable of the show, though. This season had not one bad episode, but it only had one excellent episode. There were dull moments throughout the season, but most of it was enjoyable. Most of the season was very enjoyable, but sometimes it seemed repetitive. It did mostly change throughout the season, though. It took many twists to keep me enjoyable, but it had brilliance to it. I was interested in the show through almost the whole season. There were few times when I was bored by the show. The season, overall, was very enjoyable.

            The Bridge season one had very good acting, great writing, an interesting premise, great story, great characters, and was very enjoyable, but had a small number of faults with the writing, had some dull moments, had some boring moments, and was not always enjoyable. Overall, The Bridge season one was a very, very good season.


            On my rating system, I rate it “I’ll Probably Buy This”, even though I probably will not, but it deserves that rating.
            On the grading scale, I give the season an A-.
            On the out-of-10 scale, I give The Bridge season one an 8.3/10.





No comments:

Post a Comment