Wednesday, January 1, 2014

Most Anticipated Movies of 2014

            
            It is January 1, 2014, and it is time to tell you guys what movies I am looking forward to this year. These are not movies that I watched the trailer to and said “Eh, I guess it looks good.” These are movies that I thought looked really good from the trailer or I was looking forward to before the trailer was even out. Though, there is one film that I would like to mention first that I am not actually looking forward to, but I think I need to notice it in this blog.


Jupiter Ascending


            Jupiter Ascending is a science fiction film by the Wachowski brothers. Films by them I have seen include The Matrix Trilogy and Cloud Atlas. I loved The Matrix, but did not care for its sequels and was on the side that loved Cloud Atlas. In this trailer, we see its central plot and I think that it is a good plot, but it looks like it could have too much action and not enough science fiction. One of the parts I liked about Cloud Atlas the least were the action scenes. I wanted more drama and science fiction. Here, it looks like the Wachowski brothers are trying to make a better version of Cloud Atlas, but I think it has some potential to be bad, even though it looks like it will be a great-looking film.


Now it is time to get to my real list.


April 4thCaptain America: The Winter Soldier


            Captain America: The Winter Soldier is another Marvel superhero film. Therefore, I kind of have to see it. Though, it actually looks good from its trailer. It not only looks like it has a good story and great action, but it also has a bit of a political message in the trailer, and we might possibly get some more character development on Captain America and maybe even some more on Nick Fury. The villain also looks really good and this film’s trailer really surprised me.


April 16thTranscendence


            Transcendence looks good from the trailer. Although it is probably my least anticipated movie on this list, I am still looking forward to it. The trailer gives it a good science fiction story that I think is fairly original. It has good actors in it, and that could help. It also looks like it will have good action from the trailer, and with producer Christopher Nolan, I think it will be good looking. And Christopher Nolan is involved, which is always a plus.


May 2ndThe Amazing Spider-Man 2


            The Amazing Spider-Man 2 is also a Marvel superhero film. Therefore, I must also see this one. Although this first trailer was not promising, I am sure the film will have high production values to make up for some script issues that the film is looking to have from the trailer. Though, the trailer does have good elements. The action sequences look very cool and the acting looks really good for the most part. It did like this film’s predecessor, and I am also interested in what Marvel is going to do with this one.


May 16thGodzilla (2014)


            Godzilla (2014) is the reboot of the other American Godzilla film, which came out in 1998. Reboots will happen no matter what, but some of them are good. Many people, and I, too, agree that the best older films to remake are ones that were not that popular or were really bad. I have not seen Godzilla (1998), but I have heard that it is a really bad film. On to this film, it looks fantastic from the teaser trailer. The teaser does its job well in showing just enough to keep viewers in anticipation for the film. It looks dark and it looks awesome.


May 23rdX-Men: Days of Future Past

            
            X-Men: Days of Future Past is the sequel to the X-Men Trilogy and The Wolverine, which I was a big fan of. This is also another Marvel superhero film. Therefore, I have to see it. Though, it looks good from the trailer and has a good plot along with it. The after-credits scene of The Wolverine was very cool and set up an atmosphere for this film. This film also has a huge cast, which will come in handy.


June 6thEdge of Tomorrow


            Edge of Tomorrow is a science fiction/action film that I saw a trailer for on the big screen and I immediately thought that it looked awesome. I really like the story that is introduced through this trailer and it looks like it will also have some good action. Though, the main reason I am anticipating it is because of the story. It is such an original and cool science fiction story that could cause for some really creative scenes. This film is based on a novel, “All You Need Is Kill”, but this may make a good transition for novel to the big screen.


June 13th22 Jump Street


            22 Jump Street, the sequel to 21 Jump Street has huge potential to be really bad. That is why I am still looking forward to it, but it is one of my least anticipated movies on this list. Form the trailer, it looks like it could have some good laughs and we have the same actors back to play their roles again. The main reason this film is on this list is because I liked 21 Jump Street and a sequel may possibly be good.


July 11thDawn of the Planet of the Apes


            Dawn of the Planet of the Apes is one of my most anticipated movies of this year, and for two reasons. I was a big fan of Rise of the Planet of the Apes (this film’s predecessor) and I thought even stand-alone (not being a prequel of Planet of the Apes) it was a really good movie. So I was automatically anticipating its sequel. Though, this film looks fantastic from the teaser trailer. The teaser trailer was an excellent start to the marketing campaign and it showed just enough for fans to freak out and go crazy about the film. I hope the next trailers will still be good, and I hope the film will be good, because I am really anticipating it.


August 1stGuardians of the Galaxy


            Guardians of the Galaxy is yet another Marvel superhero film; therefore I have to see it. I am sure there will be high production values and it will be treated with care. I am pretty sure Marvel got an at-least-alright director and good actors to be in the film. The plot of the film makes it look cool. It also could be a cool sequel of all these Avengers Marvel movies.


November 7thInterstellar


            Interstellar is my most anticipated film of the year, solely because of Christopher Nolan. It also looks like it has some good actors involved with it, and the story is really, really cool, but the primary reason I want to see it is because it is directed and half-written by Christopher Nolan. The teaser trailer does not give much at all, but it is keeping me anticipating this film. It could be really awesome and I am almost sure it will be at least very good.


December 17 – The Hobbit: There and Back Again


            The Hobbit: There are Back Again is the concluding film in The Hobbit Trilogy. I was a huge fan of The Lord of the Rings Trilogy, not so much on The Hobbit: An Unexpected Journey, but I was also a really big fan of The Hobbit: The Desolation of Smaug. As a Middle Earth fan, no matter what I will want to see this film. But after The Hobbit: The Desolation of Smaug, I am ready for something big. In my opinion, the best film of The Lord of the Rings Trilogy was the third film, The Lord of the Rings: The Return of the King, and that could be the case here.

No comments:

Post a Comment