Sunday, September 29, 2013

Most Anticipated Movies of October 2013

            From now on, in the first week of every month, I will make a blog of movies that month that I want to see. I may not see all of the movies, and I may see movies that are not on this list. This is just a list of movies that I am looking forward to this month.

Runner Runner (2013) PosterGravity (2013) Poster            October 4th - There are two movies I want to see coming out then.
First, there is Gravity. This is actually my most anticipated movie for the rest of the year. I have heard many, many good things about it and I think it looks amazing in the trailers. George Clooney is a great actor and I also think Sandra Bullock is very, very good.

 
Then, there is Runner Runner. I am not a fan of Justin Timberlake, but I like the plot and think it looks good from the trailers. It looks like it could turn out to be a somewhat original story. I also like Ben Affleck as an actor, and think that he will be good in this movie.

Captain Phillips (2013) Poster            October 11th There is Captain Phillips. First off, Tom Hanks is a great actor; second off, it is based on a true story; third off, it looks really good from the trailers. I think that this will be a very, very good film. I may be able to get into a screening on October 3rd, and if I do not get into that, I may be able to get into one on October 9th, and if I do not get into that, I will in theaters when it comes out.

Carrie (2013) Poster            October 18th There are actually three movies I want to see coming out then.
First, there is Carrie, a remake of the 1976 film. As a horror movie remake, it actually looks good. It has – in my opinion – one of the best child actors working today, Chloe Grace Moretz, playing Carrie. It is also has the very talented Julianne Moore, playing Carrie’s mom.

Escape Plan (2013) PosterSecond, there is Escape Plan. All I really have to say about it is that it stars Arnold Schwarzenegger and Sylvester Stallone, but I will go ahead and say that it looks like it could be good in the trailer. Also, the plot looks alright.
All Is Lost (2013) PosterLastly, there is All is Lost. It has a very interesting premise, and even though it does look strange, it also looks good from the trailer. It stars one actor, so it would be tough for the actor. Also, though, if that actor does well, there is not anyone else to bring down the acting. It also has a 100% on Rotten Tomatoes as of now, and even though it probably will not keep that, it already has thirteen reviews as of now.

Unless I get into a screening for at least one of those movies, I will not be able to see all three in the opening weekend. I would have to see one of them the next weekend, which would probably be Escape Plan. I will say that I will be seeing Carrie that weekend if I do not get into a screening of that. I do not know about All is Lost, but the probability of me seeing it on opening weekend, or at all, is greater than the probability of me seeing Escape Plan.

The Counselor (2013) Poster            October 25th There are not really any movies that I am looking forward to coming out then, but I would not mind seeing either of the movies coming out that weekend.
The Counselor – This film, I might want to see, but I still am not sure about it. It does have the legendary Brad Pitt, and I do like the plot. I just still do not know if it will be worth watching or not. The trailer does not really tell much, so I did not really get much from the trailer. If I can get into an advance screening, I will probably see it, though.

Bad Grandpa (2013) PosterBad Grandpa – I will not be paying to see this in the theater. It does look very, very funny in the trailers, but those may be the funniest parts of the movie, or the only funny parts of the movie. Though, even if those are not even the funniest parts of the movie, I really do not think it will be worth seeing in the theater. If I do get into a screening of the film, I may go.


            Those are my most anticipated movies of October 2013. I will look forward to seeing all of my picks, but, as I said, I may not be seeing all of these movies. These also may not be the only movies I see this month, as I also said. I will be doing this every month from now on.

No comments:

Post a Comment